favorite this postNew Sales Position Kapolei Based (Kapolei, Oahu)hide this posting
compensation: Base Salary Plus Commission - Very Competitive employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Industry: Advertising and Marketing
Hours: Monday - Friday 8.00am - 4.00pm
Location: Office in Kapolei, Sales Oahu Wide
Hours can be flexible, and you dont need to be in office all the time, you can work with your own traffic situation!
Valpak of Hawaii is the leading direct mail marketing company on Oahu, mailing the well known "Blue Envelope" to homes across Oahu for nearly 30 years. Valpak is the pre-eminent direct mail business on Oahu. Newspapers and other direct mail may be dieing, but we are growing every year and doing smart things with print / online / mobile integrated solutions.
We are looking for a motivated person who wants to be part of our positive, flexible and happy sales team. The ideal candidate will have a sense of humor, a positive attitude, and is self motivated. You like people, you love Hawaii, and you see the good in people and in our products.
This is an entry sales position, so experience is not necessary for the right person. It's more about attitude, flexibility and willingness to build your skill level. You will receive a lot of support, a base salary, great training and the opportunity to earn good money working with great people.
Minimum Job Requirements:
* College degree (Business or Marketing preferred) completed or in progress, or equivalent experience
* Minimum of two years experience in business in some marketing or sales position
* Able to work well in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Comfortable with technology and products like SalesForce.com and in house systems
What the Job is All About:
* Selling Valpak products to local businesses on Oahu
* Working with clients to develop marketing campaigns and ads
* Advising clients on changes to ad strategy or advertising locations
* Once or twice per month attendance at evening or weekend trade shows or networking events - these are usually a lot of
fun in good venues meeting great people
* Working with our Florida head office on client related ad, production and scheduling issues
* Working with other sales team members to identify potential clients, set meetings and close sales
* Being a member of a positive, happy, productive team that is winning in the marketplace
You Need to Be:
* Comfortable working with online workflow and artwork management systems
* Motivated and self disciplined
* Interested in learning and growing
* Organized and detail oriented
* Able to work under some monthly deadline pressures
* Able to communicate well, dealing with both clients and other mainland offices
Compensation and Benefits:
* Base salary from Day 1 so you have time to learn and develop a book of business
* Medical, drug, dental, and vision package
* Vacation time off and unpaid leave as needed
How to Apply:
* Reply to job post with Word Doc or PDF of resume attached to your email
* Write one or two paragraphs about yourself and why this position interests you
* Give email address, phone number and best times to contact you during day for an interview.
This is a great opportunity to work with a respected and successful Oahu company.
Principals only. No recruiters or agents please. No unsolicited services or offers.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers