compensation: $14 - $16/Hour - Based upon Experience. Includes paid Lunch break daily! Full Medical, Vision and Dental! Vacation after one year! employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Maintenance Assistant directly reports to and assists the Resident Manager on a daily basis.
According to a daily checklist and verbal directions, maintains the swimming pool and spa area (testing and balancing pool chemicals, vacuuming, removing foliage, etc.), cleaning restroom facilities, keeping up the appearance of the buildings, walkways, lobby, refuse areas, parking lots, and other common areas.
Takes on continuing projects such as painting, major cleaning, spalling repairs, leaks or water mitigation, roof valve repairs, and quarterly A/C servicing. Also perform duties such as blowing, raking, and trimming hedges/low trees while being readily available to help Resident Manager with other daily tasks.
Make sure to read entire post.***
Desired or Required Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or GED with two years related experience performing general maintenance and grounds keeping work.
• Responsible, reliable, and takes pride in doing quality work.
• Ability to follow specific verbal and written instructions is a must.
• Having reliable transportation, and a working cell phone with phone service is a must.
• Capacity to work productively, independently, and with limited supervision and in various weather conditions.
• Be able to hustle in urgent situations to minimize damage or potential problems.
• Who can handle constructive criticism and always strives to meet objective or level of completion required.
• Daily task lists will need to be checked off and constant communication provided to management.
• Possess a positive attitude, accountability, and willingness to address residents in a courteous and respectful manner.
• Ability to safely operate a variety of hand and power tools such as (but not necessarily limited to) a lawnmower, weed eater, shovel, pruning saw, hedge/brush trimmer, grinder, sander, drill, etc.
• Ability to work or stand for prolonged periods, work accurately, consistently, at an energetic and steady pace and be able to hustle when crucially needed.
• Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs. Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting/handling procedures.
• ******Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screening test with the possibility of random drug screening throughout the duration of employment.*****
• CPO cert./Pool maintenance experience is a big plus, but we can train the right person.
• We highly prefer humility and someone who is open to learning and collaborating to someone who thinks they know everything there is to know.
Our property is unique in that it has a great ambiance which you can take part in maintaining as a part of our team. Be ready to walk a lot around the property.
Hours are Tues. - Sat. 7AM - 3PM.
Pay is based upon experience, ability to be productive and precise, and ability to carry out instruction with a GOOD ATTITUDE. In other words we are looking for someone who isn't afraid of a full work day and is goal/task orientated. This position could lead to a Head Maintenance position within 1 year btw.
Paid 30 minute Lunch breaks daily.
Full Medical, Vision and Dental!
Vacation after one year!
If the ad is up this position is available.
Send an email with your work history/resume and don't forget to include your **PHONE NUMBER and we will get back to you shortly.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers