compensation: Excellent pay and benefits. employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Ho`ola Lahui Hawai`i is an FQHC, non-profit community health organization serving families throughout the county of Kaua'i. We are seeking a full-time Clinical Specialist/Medical Receptionist for our Waimea medical clinic.
Our Clinical Specialist/Medical Receptionist is a team player and able to work with our patients, patients' families, staff members and health care providers. This healthcare professional is personable, with the ability to empathize and sympathize with patients and patient's families. This position requires clinical competence, professionalism and the ability to maintain confidentiality in regards to patient care. This position offers the opportunity for both front office and back office clinical work.
*Taking patient chief complaints, vital signs and preparing patient for examination.
*Notifying health care providers immediately based on patients' complaints or vital signs as identified by Triage Policies/Procedures.
*Patient record keeping/charting (including labs, reports, etc.)
*Assisting health care providers with examination, diagnostic and treatment procedures.
*Scheduling tests, procedures for patients as ordered by health care provider, and instructing patients regarding preparation for tests.
*Able to recognize and triage patients based on patients complaints, vital signs and clinical presentation.
* Continually looks for ways and offers positive input to improve patient flow or other operational matters.
* Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment for patient care.
* Familiar with OSHA and Infectious Disease protocol.
* Receives physician's order (as requested and appropriate) to address care needs of an established patient in an office or non-office visit that may not require the presence of a physician, but will need sign-off by physician.
* Able to provide education and training for patient self-management using a standardized curriculum in a one-to-one setting.
* Promotes patients' rights and is knowledgeable of the patient complaint process.
* Ensures new patient registration form is complete and updated in EMR, with a copy of insurance cards and Health History scanned into EMR.
* Checks and updates patient registration information each visit.
* Verifies insurance coverage for all patients.
* Confirms and schedules/reschedules appointments as necessary.
*Answers phone calls with appropriate salutation; identification of person answering phone -- friendly, courteous, cordial. Take incoming messages and distributes appropriately.
* Collects co-payments and patient balance due. Answers billing questions as best as possible and if need to call Billing Dept.
*Training as a Medical Assistant
*Able to give SQ, IM medications, as applicable.
*Current certification in Basic Life Support.
*Good understanding of medical terminology and experience in the healthcare field.
*Flexible, organized, mature, impartial, and ethical.
*Able to communicate clearly and tactfully with others.
*Legible, complete and timely documentation and charting.
*Ability to problem-solve, set priorities, and work with multiple distractions and interruptions.
*Self-motivated, honest, energetic, and committed.
*Possesses tact and interpersonal skills necessary to deal with patients, physicians, providers, employees and others.
*Familiarity with our various Hawai'i cultures and languages.
*Culturally sensitive to the needs of the people of the community.
Ho`ola Lahui Hawai`i is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employees of Ho`ola Lahui Hawai`i and applicants for employment shall be afforded equal opportunity in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, veteran's status, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, arrest or court record, marital status, genetic information, gender identity or expressions, domestic or sexual violence victim status, or any other classification protected under state or federal law.
Excellent pay and benefits. Submit resume and cover letter to Human Resources Director via email.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers