Small business in Hilo seeking part time personal and administrative assistant with bookkeeping experience to support Owner in running the office. The position requires driving and a clean driving record, as well as the ability to multi-task and be flexible. We are seeking an honest, reliable and discrete individual who has excellent communication skills and enjoys working in a fast paced environment. Employment is subject to reference, background and credit checks.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We will only review resumes that meet below criteria, thank you for your understanding. We look forward to finding the right match!
Administrative and Personal
o Open and review mail with the owner.
o Digitally organize all files, folders and paperwork in a timely and systematic manner.
o Assist with travel arrangements, transport and medical appointments.
o Maintain a calendar of appointments and business deadlines.
o Organize invoices to review in person with the owner once per week.
o All payments to be approved by the owner before processing.
o After approval, enter payables in the accounting system, print checks or run credit cards to process payments.
o Post payments in the accounting system, make bank deposits.
o Organize all receipts for company credit cards to reconcile statements monthly. Pay on time.
o Monitor expenses and get approval from the owner for any purchases.
o File all payments, receipts, records and important documents digitally.
o View and prepare a bank balance summary on a weekly basis to review with the owner.
o Place orders for supplies as needed with prior owner approval.
o Other administrative and accounting duties as needed.
• Ensure monthly rent payments are received by the 5th of each month.
• Keep all tenant info organized and digitally filed.
• Show rental properties as needed and be the point person for any tenant issues and needs. Communicate all concerns to Owner.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS INCLUDE
• Must be organized, professional and reliable.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Minimum 3 years bookkeeping experience with A/R and A/P.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel and have prior working experience with accounting software.
• Detail oriented and meticulous organization habits with documents and administrative projects.
• Positive mindset, friendly and personable.
• Discrete, confidential and honest.
• Can multi-task in a fast-paced environment with shifting needs.
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs and use stairs as needed.
• Excellent references required.
• Employment is subject to reference, background and credit checks.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, insured car and clean driving record. We will reimburse for mileage/gas.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.