compensation: Starting Pay $15.00 per hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Cyanotech Corporation is a world leader in microalgae technology, producing BioAstin® and Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica®.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Responsible for maintaining basic aspects of algae pond operation including, but not limited to pond growth, harvest, returns, feeding and cleanliness as an essential part of the farm and field functions. Employees in this position will work a designated schedule including weekends and holidays.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Double checks harvest and return setups.
• Fixes blow outs and leaks on system.
• Knowledgeable in setup for harvests and returns as needed.
• Collects Spirulina pond samples.
• Feeds Spirulina ponds as needed.
• Stages Nutrients.
• Harvests Spirulina ponds with tractor.
• Maintains Nitrate and Trace filters.
• Maintains tractors with full tanks of diesel fuel.
• Daily pond cleaning and sanitation procedures.
• Ensures trash from the algae farming process area is disposed of properly.
• Janitorial duties: keep area clean, remove trash.
• Pond treatments when required.
• Knowledge of pumps.
• Pest/contaminate control.
• Maintains inventory of all nutrients and chemicals, ensuring that all items are in stock and ready for use or on order.
• Operates forklifts and Sky Trak.
• Follows GMP requirements as they relate to the position.
• Actively participate in safety and work-related training.
• Communicates fully with other processors and other departments to ensure the system is running properly.
• Performs other duties that may be assigned.
This position requires the ability to work outdoors in the sun, with extensive walking on uneven ground, walking in slippery areas, climbing platform ladders and lifting up to 50 lbs. This is a physically demanding position.
The majority of the work is performed outside, in a sunny, hot climate. Protection from sun exposure may be required. The daily duties may also include working in wet, slippery areas such as in ponds.
• High school diploma or GED.
• One year of work experience required. Previous experience in a production facility, algal production, aquaculture or farming is preferred.
• Able to operate Forklift, Sky Trak, and tractor.
• Must have a valid driver's license to be certified for forklift and heavy equipment operation.
• Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and cooperatively in a fast-paced farming production environment.
• Possesses mechanical abilities with good attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in work assignments. Must be able to work variable shifts, including weekends.
• Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• Able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
WHILE EXPERIENCE IS HELPFUL, THIS IS A HIGHLY TRAINABLE POSITION.
Cyanotech also provides a GENEROUS BENEFITS PACKAGE including:
-Full medical and dental for employee and all dependents including chiropractic coverage (nothing withheld from check)
-Short and Long-term disability coverage
-3 weeks of PTO
Post-offer background check and drug screen are performed. Must be 18 years or older.
Cyanotech Corporation is an EOE Minorities/Women/Disability/Veterans
All candidates should apply by responding to this ad with a resume. Please let us know which position you are applying for, as we have several advertised.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers