Warehouse Worker job summary
Perform an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving stock in the warehouse.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in merchandise
• Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area.
• Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards.
• Open bales, crates and other containers.
• Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer. May also assist in counting of physical inventory.
• Prepare parcels for mailing.
• Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat; Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times and practice effective space utilization.
• Wear the proper safety equipment.
• Operate a forklift, as needed
• Keep neat and orderly records of all incoming and outgoing orders.
• Drive transport vehicles, such as trucks, when necessary to move or deliver stock.
• Any other tasks instructed by the manager.
Warehouse Worker Requirements and Qualifications
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Valid driver's license
• Forklift certification and experience is a plus
• Solid work history that demonstrates reliability; warehouse work experience is a plus
• Able to work on your feet for 8 hour shifts and lift 30 lbs. on a regular basis
• Basic computer skills for maintaining inventory logs and databases
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal