compensation: $14.22 per hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
• Controls water flow on all parts of the golf course daily as directed by the Golf Course Superintendent.
• Irrigates tees, greens, fairways, and rough.
• Controls water level in golf course lakes daily.
• Manually waters as needed.
• Reports water usage of irrigation system to Golf Course Superintendent.
• Identifies irrigation system malfunctions and reports them to the Head Mechanic or Golf Course Superintendent.
• Repairs components of the irrigation system such as sprinkler heads, valves and pipes.
• Installs new irrigation systems or extends irrigation systems on the golf course as needed.
• May direct other employees in the maintenance, repair, installation or testing of the irrigation system.
• Manually operates generators as needed.
• Performs basic maintenance on generators, such as changing oil and filters.
• Assures correct operation of generators and pump station.
• Records pumps station flow meter readings, lake levels and temperatures daily.
• Projects future water flow based on flow meter readings.
• May go off property to pick up needed irrigation supplies.
• Reports any changes in golf course turf quality to the Golf Course Superintendent.
• Identifies, golf course areas that need to be repaired with new sod or seeded.
• May seed or lay sod on sections of the golf course.
• Sands greens and repairs divots as needed.
• Inventories irrigation supplies and equipment on hand and orders as needed with Golf Course Superintendent's approval.
• Keeps irrigation supply area clean and orderly.
• Assists in the application of chemicals to the golf course.
• Waters and fertilizes nursery plants and keeps the nursery clean and in good repair.
• Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
• May perform the duties or Golf Course Maintenance I, II, or III employees.
(Other Duties continued)
• May perform the duties of a Chemical Applicator II employee.
• Watering equipment and hoses (essential)
• Hand held irrigation repair tools (essential)
• Hand held generator maintenance tools (essential)
• Vehicle to pick up supplies off property (essential)
• Vehicle, such as a Jac Cart, to transport irrigation equipment and supplies around the golf course (essential)
• Sod Cutter (essential)
• Chemical spraying units (Smith, Hahn, Solo or Friend) (essential)
• Hand held fertilizing and watering equipment (essential)
• All equipment for Maintenance I, II, and III positions
• All equipment for Chemical Applicator II position
• Necessary and approved personal protective equipment (PPE) such as safety goggles and hearing protectors (essential)
• Enclosed shoes (essential), and clothing and headgear appropriate to the task
May be exposed to sun, wind, rain, and varying degrees of visibility on various surfaces and on uneven terrain when on the golf course.
Mental and Physical Demands:
Needs to be alert and have concentration of mind on the job due to exposure to equipment and grounds. Pushing, pulling, sitting, walking, and lifting up to 50 pounds are required in various degrees to fulfill duties. Performs duties with due regard for personal safety and the safety of others., exercising proper care and protection of company property and following company safety policies and procedures. Must work to Makalei golf course standards under the general supervision of the Golf Course Superintendent or Leadperson.
Must maintain a cooperative working relationship with other employees. Politeness and friendliness when in contact with club's guests is necessary. The wearing of the Makalei uniform currently consisting of a golf shirt is required. Other appropriate work clothing is employee's choice.
Working knowledge of golf course maintenance and the maintenance and operation of the electronic irrigation system. Understanding of hydraulics including pressures, velocities, losses, and restrictions required. Experience with computers is helpful. One year of golf course maintenance or similar experience required.
Must be able to understand and follow both oral and written instructions. Knowledge of electronic irrigation required. Basic computer knowledge desired. Must hold a valid driver's license and is required to notify management if license is revoked.
The above information has been designed to illustrate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to do this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the information in this job description at its discretion.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers