compensation: $12.00 + to start employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Are you looking to work with the best company in the moving business? Come join our Island Movers - Hilo o'hana. We're currently looking for Full-Time Helpers to join us. Enjoy good pay and benefits.
Responsible for the loading, off loading, installation and removal of customers' household appliances and for the safe transport of all items from point of origin to the point of destination while providing excellent customer service.
Must be able to drive to Kona as needed.
• Designated as the lead person for delivery jobs and serves as the primary contact for the Company while on the job site.
• Directly accountable for the safety of the crews while on job assignments.
• Check manifest, inspect merchandise for any damages, and load into truck as stated on the manifest.
• Ensure that the load is properly secured and make sure no merchandise is left behind.
• Responsible for pre- and post-trip vehicle inspections.
• Make sure that you walk the path at the customer's home prior to delivery to access any potential hazards and to protect the merchandise and their property. Have all necessary waivers signed as applicable.
• In charge of installation and explaining to the customer, how to use the merchandise.
• Have customer sign delivery paperwork, ask customer about temperature survey.
• Clean out cab of truck nightly and verify that Helper has cleaned out the back of the truck.
• Complete all paperwork in the office for daily deliveries.
• Must have the knowledge and capability to perform all job types.
• Perform other duties as directed by the HHD Supervisors
• Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum Type 3 Driver's License.
• Ability to obtain a DOT Med Card
• Be familiar with streets and geographical locations.
• Be organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills in dealing with all levels of employees and customers:
o Ability to explain and communicate effectively with crew members and customers.
o Ability to deal with frustrated customers to remedy concerns while providing excellent customer service.
• Possess excellent decision-making skills with quick responsiveness to customers.
• Strong understanding of risk management.
• 1 year of freight/transportation/home appliance background.
• Be able to manage people and give direction in order to complete tasks on time and in a safe manner.
• Knowledge of vehicular maintenance and/or operating equipment, i.e., forklifts, tractors.
MENTAL, PHYSICAL and COMMUNICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be able to do labor-intensive and detailed work daily.
• Required to complete multiple priorities with time-sensitive deadlines.
• Work under minimal supervision and high-pressure environments.
• Apply logic and reasoning to solve complex problems.
• Use sound judgment and discretion in performing work duties and working cooperatively with others.
• Must be flexible and able to adapt to change.
• Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Requires long periods of being on the road.
• Requires constant lifting/carrying of 90 lbs. or more, bending, climbing stairs, walking through customer's premises and ensuring safety measures are followed.
• Understand and enforce Company's safety program.
• Primarily outdoors, with constant time on the road, loading, unloading, installation and haul-away customers' home appliances.
NORMAL WORK HOURS:
• Days and hours may vary
• May require working overtime, on weekends and holidays per direction of HHD Operations Manager.
• Follows and adheres to all internal policies and procedures, House and Safety Rules, and any employee guidelines if applicable.
• Execute goals and direction provided by HHD Operations Manager.
For consideration, please attach your resume.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers