compensation: DOE employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Join our team in the most beautiful office in the world! Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden is looking to expand its staff to continue its dedication in preserving the beauty of Hawaii and the Honomu Coast.
As part of our Facilities & Construction team you will participate in the maintenance & construction of our physical assets including buildings, walkways, bridges, equipment and tools. Responsibilities will include making certain buildings and physical assets are well maintained in a safe and quality condition as well as assisting in the future of our improvements and construction team.
Ensure that all preventative maintenance is completed and documented. Assist with large projects as they arise, including unscheduled projects. Maintain a high level of accountability and honesty at all times to ensure the progress and success of the maintenance team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Take pride in your craftsmanship and contributions
- Maintain pathways by evaluating holes, root damage, sealing and need for replacement
- Preform daily equipment inspections prior to use, including all material handling equipment and transport
- Inspect and repair all poles, railings, fencing and cables that are damaged or that present a safety concern
- Inspect all assets for damage or wear on a scheduled basis
- Maintain all water ans septic systems as scheduled
- Clean all roof structures and solar panels(rotate all roofs bi-monthly)
- Mix and form concrete and lay asphalt to create or repair pathways and structures
- Check fish pond pump skimmers and remove debris from pond
- Blow trails and remove all debris from trails with all of the crew
- Clean and restock bathrooms as well as checking and cleaning out rubbish cans
- Pressure wash pathways, boardwalk, benches and all other structures on a schedule basis
- Must have 2 yrs. maintenance work experience
- Must work well in a team-base environment as well as independent
- Must have great people and communication skills
- Hands on experience in facilities and or construction techniques and tools such as carpentry, plumbing,
electrical, mechanics and welding
- Safe operating record, valid drivers licence, clean abstract and credit history
- Small equipment maintenance and engine repair a big plus
- ability to adapt and overcome obstacles
Please send resume to HR@HTBG.COM
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers