Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
Aqua Hospitality - Reservations Agent (Honolulu)
Ensure guests are treated with an Aloha Spirit, accurately and efficiently. Delight every guest and have their stay at our properties exceed their expectations. Operate the reservations department as a primary profit center by maintaining current, and accurate availability of inventory of guest room and devising telephone sales strategy which will maximize both the efficiency of the potential for booking rooms.
(Core duties or tasks which are fundamental and not marginal to the performance of the job. Listed in order of importance and the approximate amount of time to spent each duty or task,)
• To report to work on time and in uniform, properly groomed with appropriate name tag.
• At all times maintains current, accurate guest room availability.
• Oversees the courteous answering of reservations line and prompt response to reservation requests/inquiries via telephone, fax, and direct mail.
• Oversees the productivity of the department and insures accuracy of inputting and prompt mailing and filing of confirmations. Goal: zero defects.
• Enters group and direct billing information as provided by Sales.
• Coordinates reservations involving billing charges to the credit card of a second party.
• Conduct rooms tours/site inspection as needed.
• Handles special projects as requested by Manager.
• Responsible for keeping necessary supplies on hand.
• Use time clock to punch in an out as required.
• Attend necessary meetings
• Resolve guest problems and complaints
• Perform other related duties as requested by Management.
(Necessary skills, degrees, certification required for core job function.)
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with Management.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Ability to work well under deadline pressure and/or travel.
• Ability to successfully complete the Signature Training reservations program and pass at an acceptable level.
• Knowledge of RoomMaster or Voiceagent a plus
• Previous hotel or hospitality reservations a plus
EXPERIENCE: Adaptable experience with travel industry reservation systems and hotel property management systems essential, standard Microsoft Office tools essential, knowledge of database system development preferred.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers