Banquet Porter (On-Call) (Pacific Beach Hotel)
compensation: Union Wage Scale Pay
• Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
• Ensure the correct and timely set up of all Banquet Event Order functions.
• Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the banquet function space, pre-function space, and storage areas to include the carpet, walls, walks, doors, windows, heating/air conditioning units, etc.
• Maintain the banquet storeroom in a neat and organized manner stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for meetings or food service functions.
• Be familiar with fire exit and extinguisher location, and follow all hotel safety rules.
• Breakdown after the completion of functions and ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored properly.
• Transport and store tables, chairs, and other equipment.
• Refresh meeting rooms as needed.
• Notify management of any hazards.
• Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the standards.
• Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Education & Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent and/or related experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
• Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers