Assistant Director of Finance (Pacific Beach Hotel)
compensation: Salaried with great benefits
The Assistant Director of Finance is responsible for providing consistent leadership in the financial area of the hotel by supplying the accounting staff with guidance and training. He/she is also responsible for focusing on the profitability of the business, maintaining accurate and timely financial reporting, ensuring acceptable levels on internal control, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, and safeguarding owners/investors assets.
• Assist Director of Finance in timely preparation of monthly financial statements for the property
• Monitoring and control of hotel operations, cash flow and operating forecasts for the property
• Under guidance of Director of Finance maintain timely interaction with Department Heads to assure that property operations are on track and under control at all times
• Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations and general ledger account reconciliations for the property
• Supervision of accounting department staff
• Compliance with Highgate Accounting Policies and Procedures and internal controls for our finance and accounting operations
• Effectively manage and communicate related issues related to management of receivables, payables, daily cash balances, and timely deposits of all funds.
• Monitor hotel revenues and expenses and ensure the accurate recording in accordance with Highgate Hotel's established guidelines. Investigate and critique variances to budget or to prior year and offer practical improvement methodologies to management.
• Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist Director of Finance and advise Department Heads in maintaining the hotels' financial objectives.
• With supervision of Director of Finance hire, train, supervise and develop staff, including coaching, counseling and discipline.
• Preparation of any special reports, statements, etc., as requested.
• Other special projects and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Accounting.
• Three or more years of Accounting experience; Hospitality related financial management and experience desirable.
• Strong PC skills including Excel, Word and financial accounting systems.
• Strong organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
• Long hours and weekends sometimes required.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
• Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers