Kitchen Supervisor - Jimmy Buffett's at the Beachcomber (Honolulu)
• Ensures the highest quality product reaches our guest and meets specifications.
• Conducts daily shift meetings.
• Assists in training new staff members within their department.
• Assists management with motivating, developing, coaching and counseling staff members to ensure the proper level of service is being provided to guests.
• Notifies management of low inventory and recommends new inventory. Assists with proper ordering procedures to maintain appropriate par levels of all restaurant related products.
• Assists with labor controls and assigning duties to staff members.
• Ensures a high standard of service efficiency, sanitation, and training.
• Assists with coordination of catering/banquet functions with the appropriate Department Head.
• Ensures proper plate presentation and adherence to product specifications and recipe guidelines.
• Assists with ensuring quality of products and waste prevention.
• Ensures that all productivity and quality standards are maintained.
• Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company's products and happenings and communicates properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
• Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by management and moves with a sense of urgency.
• Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents to management.
• Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
• One to three years restaurant, supervisory, or management experience in a high volume Food and Beverage environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts
• Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
• Good judgment and decision making abilities
• Basic computer skills, Word, Excel and Outlook preferred
• High school degree or GED preferred
• Health permit/food safety and Alcohol Awareness. Staff Member is required to obtain cards individually and provide proof of possession prior to first day of employment subject to local laws
Please forward your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Posting ID: 4102899972