Mandarin, Japanese, Spanish Instructors (Island Wide)
We are looking for individuals that are energetic, outgoing and eager to engage children through very fast-paced dynamic and interactive games, movement and music-based classes. A high level of comfort with dramatic play, puppets and physical activities is a must for this job. If you have not done this type of work, make sure will really enjoy it before you contact us! These are extremely fun classes but they require that you be flexible and open to new and creative approaches to teaching foreign languages to young children!
• Teach dynamic 50 minute play-based immersion classes (no English is spoken) to one more of our class levels:
o Parent & Tot for children ages 18 months-3 years old (with caregivers)
o Pre-school for children 3-5 years old
o Elementary for children 6-12 years old
• Use feedback gained in teaching these classes to further develop and improve the curriculum and materials.
• Fluency in target language -- native or fully fluent with no discernible American accent
• Experience teaching young children, preferably in a target language context
• Incredibly energetic and dramatic; an outgoing personality, high level of enthusiasm, self-confidence and no self-consciousness are a must for this position!
• Some academic background in language and instruction, preferably to young children.
Since our classes are held in various locations, a reliable transportation is highly preferred.
* RELIABLE transportation and willingness to travel for classes!
Other Beneficial Qualifications:
• Experience with children's theater, music or art
• Crafting and games experience
• Singing, dancing, or theater acting experience:
Hours and Compensation:
This is a part-time teaching opportunity. The number of classes you teach will depend on your availability. Hours typically range from 2 -- 12 hours a week. Ideal for a student or anyone with a part-time or flexible schedule. Compensation ranges DOE and includes bonus earned for every family re-enrolling in your class!
For more information about Language Wonderland, please visit our website at www.language-wonderland.com. or send your resume to show contact info
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers