After School Hours Program Advisor - Lahaina (King Kamehameha Elem) (611 Front Street)
The Girl Scouts of Hawai'i is looking for an advisor to conduct and facilitate the After School Hours Program at King Kamehameha III Elementary School in Lahaina. The advisor will be responsible for the execution of the Girl Scout Leadership Program utilizing the Girl Scout curriculum and making concepts come alive through a variety of activities.
A successful candidate must:
1. Be dependable, punctual, energetic, trustworthy, and committed to the values of Girl Scouting;
2. Must enjoy working with school-aged children;
3. Be an independent and innovative thinker and problem solver who thrives in a team environment, and is willing to tackle new challenges;
4. Be able to manage multiple assignments while meeting specific deadlines with minimal supervision;
4. Must have a basic understanding of child development and age appropriate behaviors and skills;
5. Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to communicate effectively and professionally with parents, school staff, community members, and Girl Scout staff;
6. Must have own or reliable transportation;
7. Must be able to work some weekends and evenings;
8. Undergo a comprehensive background check;
9. Have a Bachelor's degree or attending school to complete a degree in a related field or two years work experience in youth programs.
• after school, 1:00 pm - 4:30pm
• part time employee
• 1 to 3 times per week
• Pay is $10-12/hr
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers